Resident Guest Covenant
Living Branches is committed to protecting the health and safety of residents and team members while simultaneously recognizing that in-person visits can have a positive impact on resident physical and emotional health. Because of the importance of family interaction, Living Branches has developed a resident guest visitor program which is outlined below.
As a guest of a Living Branches resident, Living Branches appreciates your commitment to the safety of not only your resident but to all of our residents and team members. We trust that you will partner with us in practicing the recommended Covid-19 safety protocols not only when you are on campus but also when you are out in the wider community. To this end, we have prepared this guest covenant for your review and signature.
By signing below, I understand and agree to the following requirements related to being a guest of a resident at Living Branches. I acknowledge that my failure to follow any of the requirements set forth in this covenant will result in the revocation of my status as a resident guest. I acknowledge that I am placing myself, my resident, and other residents at risk of contracting Covid-19 as a guest who is entering a Health Care, Memory Care, or Personal Care community of Living Branches. I further understand that the resident guest program may be suspended or halted at any time by Living Branches.
1. I will be tested for Covid-19 weekly, and provide the results to Living Branches. Visiting will require proof of a negative Covid test. The testing week runs from Wednesday to Tuesday.
2. I understand that I can use the rapid test clinics at Living Branches to obtain my Covid tests. I may also obtain a Covid test from another testing facility such as CVS, Walgreens, or a county testing clinic.
3. I understand that there is no cost for testing through a Living Branches testing clinic while the resident guest program is in the pilot phase, but after that time, there is the potential that I could be asked to pay for the cost of being tested at Living Branches.
4. If I fail to produce documented proof of a negative Covid test for that week, I will not be permitted to visit as a resident guest.
5. If I do not comply with ongoing testing requirements, my status as a resident guest will be revoked.
1. Prior to the first visit, I will participate in education provided by Living Branches on proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and visiting protocols.
2. I will participate in any additional education that may be required by Living Branches or any other regulatory body.
C. Scheduling, Length and Frequency of Visits:
1. I will schedule my visits on the Living Branches website. Current hours for visits are 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., or 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
2. Visits may not exceed two hours.
3. Residents who are not in quarantine may have a guest visit twice per week with a minimum of 48 hours between visits.
4. Visits will take place only in my resident’s apartment or room. I will not congregate in common areas of community.
D. Screening and Sign-in/Sign-out Requirements
1. Upon arrival to the campus, I will sign in at the screening station and complete and pass all screening protocols. Should I not be able to successful pass screening protocols, I understand I will be denied visit privileges.
2. Upon completion of my visit, I will sign out before leaving the campus.
E. Hand Hygiene, PPE and Physical Distancing
1. I will perform proper hand hygiene before, during, and after my visit.
2. I will wear a face mask at all times while on the Living Branches campus. I will wear a disposable surgical face mask during my visit.
3. I will be provided with a gown to wear during the visit if I will be in close proximity of my resident.
4. Eye protection in the form of a face shield, goggles, or safety glasses must be worn when the county Covid-19 positivity rate is above 5%. I must provide my own face shield, goggles, or safety glasses and must clean them before and after each visit.
5. I will maintain six feet or more of distance from my loved one, unless Living Branches staff have determined that closer proximity may benefit my resident. I will follow the guidelines presented to me by Living Branches staff. Examples of closer proximity activities may include hand holding, and/or a brief hug or quick kiss using PPE.
F. Notification to Living Branches of Illness
1. I will notify the director in my level of care by telephone or email if I develop symptoms of Covid-19 or any other illness, or learn that I have been exposed to a person who has, or is being tested for, Covid-19.
2. I understand that if I develop symptoms or test positive for Covid-19 within 48 hours of a visit to Living Branches, my resident, and potentially the entire level of care in which they live, will enter into pandemic protocols as defined by the state of Pennsylvania. At the present time, that means a 14-day quarantine and weekly Covid-19 testing.
G. Termination of Resident Guest Status
1. I understand and agree that if I do not comply with any of the above noted resident guest requirements, I will be asked to leave campus and that my status as a resident guest will be rescinded.