Dock Meadows Changes its Name to The Willows of Living Branches

Dock Meadows, one of the three Living Branches retirement communities, announced today that it is changing its name to The Willows of Living Branches. The name change reflects the history of the community, and its pastoral setting—an unexpected pleasure along the 309 corridor.

“The name The Willows invokes the gracious spirit experienced by residents who call the campus their home,” explains Edward D. Brubaker, President/CEO of Living Branches. “In addition, the name clarifies the community’s location as distinct from the Dock Woods and Souderton Mennonite Homes campuses.”

The Willows of Living Branches is a Personal Care community, established in Hatfield in 1942 to provide a caring home for seniors. The original structure was a summer home for the Kulp family from Philadelphia. The gracious estate was purchased by the Franconia Conference of Mennonite Church USA and soon became a much-beloved home for senior residents who greatly enjoyed the view of willow trees in the back of the property.

Through the years the community grew: first at The Willows campus, and then by branching out to a new location in Towamencin township, Dock Woods, also affiliated with the Franconia Conference. Throughout all the years of growth and change, the commitment to empowering residents to live lives of purpose and joy remained the central mission of the organization.

In 2008, the Dock campuses joined with another Mennonite retirement community, Souderton Mennonite Homes, to form Living Branches. Together, these three communities provide a full range of retirement living options for residents in Bucks and Montgomery counties. The Willows specializes in Personal Care for residents seeking a smaller, more intimate community where staff and neighbors quickly become friends.

Menu