In an effort to connect residents with their loved ones during the Coronavirus pandemic, we are equipping staff with tablets so they can conduct Skype calls between residents and family members. Skype is the only platform that we are able to use for video calls. Please schedule calls 24 hours in advance. Below are links to sign-up forms.
- You must have a Skype username to sign-up.
- Calls will be no more than 20 minutes long.
- At the time of your call, please wait for the Living Branches staff person to call you.
- Information shared in the Skype app, such as your username or the chat feature, will remain on the tablet. It is possible that a person other than your loved one could see that information.
- Tablets will be disinfected between each call in order to protect our residents.
- Please schedule calls 24 hours in advance so that staff members can be sure to not miss your sign up.
Instructions for Creating a Skype Account on a Mobile Phone:
- Go to the app store or google play store
- Download the free Skype app (not Skype for Business)
- Follow the prompts to create an account using your email address
- Continue to follow the prompts and enter a password, your name, and your date of birth
- A confirmation code will be sent to your email. Enter that code to verify your account.
- You will be prompted to add contacts from your phone. You can skip this step if you would like.
- You will be prompted to give access to the microphone and camera. You must accept this.
- You will be prompted to accept or decline notifications; you can do either.
- You will then be taken to your account home page. At the top center you’ll see a circle. Select that to view your profile, Skype name, and email address.
- Please be sure to use this email address when signing up for a Skype call. Without this information, our staff will not be able to call you at the selected time.